We have chosen to use the stainless steel quality of 316L (known also as Surgical Stainless Steel) because of its unique quality compared to other metals.
The main characteristics of the 316L Stainless Steel are:
- It does not bend or break
- It never changes its colour
- It never tarnishes
- It is hypoallergenic, i.e. - does not have any allergic reactions.
- It does not release nickel salts.
PVD - Physical Vapor Deposition offers an alternative to traditional electroplating and iodizing techniques due to several characteristics:
- Wear resistance
- No discolouration or tarnishing
- High corrosion resistance
- PVD is not a coating, it is a chemical reaction of the metal surface that reflects differently in light.