This is the latest version V3R with a new updated weighted impact screw."I found that it helps with the stability of the hit, and improved overall performance. Also, please note the rubber band position is another simple tuning element. For lower volt operations, or harder hit, position the band pointing slightly up. This will reduce return spring tension thus making it operate better at slower speeds and decreasing the amount of give. Bonus is less strain on the rubber band."
"I made some updates to the V3R. First, you will now get the coveted DK thumbscrew! Second, I positioned the most crucial and misunderstood tuning element, the impact screw, on the front end. Accompanied by a hardened steel impact pin, the machine will be easier to reset, and will hold its tune much longer. For the A-bar, I used a few tricks from the V7 to reduce spitting and make it hit a bit more rigid on the low end. I also added the backer springs as well to prevent spring breakage.
This updated version still has the same dependable and proven geometry as the original v3, but now revisisted and remastered with subtle differences to improve overall performance. This is the most user friendly Sidewinder yet. The differences, others than aesthetics, is the numbered stroke wheel, an impact screw timing mark on the cam and frame (like the v5-6) and o-ring notches on the bar for the optional silent hit. Additionally, I did a new spring loaded vice lock setup that effortlessly clamps down your tube. The stroke wheel is indexed in 10 positions, and numbered accordingly. Thanks - Dan."
- Bronze Black Plated Brass Frame (*Finish may vary)
- Black Hardware
- Machine weight: approx. 170 grams (6oz)
- The renowned rotary liner, effortlessly sink any size line by just grazing the skin
- DK Thumbscrew, new Armature Bar, and updated Stroke Wheel for improved performance
- New weighted impact screw, increases the hit while improving the overall feel and sound
- The motor is the same as the V2-V4 Sidewinder, which has proven the test of time, a favorite of the long time Sidewinder collectors
- Vice-Lock that easily tightens on nearly any tube
- Great for all varieties of Line Work or as a Fast Shader/Packer
- Timing mark on the cam and frame for setting the impact screw. (Just like the V5 and V6)
- Numbered stroke dial so you can easily play with the stroke without fear of losing that sweet spot
- Can be used with standard and cartridge needles*
- Standard Needle on Bar: wrap a thick rubber band around the motor cap and across the front of the machine to add needle bar tension. It is recommended that you use Thick Rubber Bands and Dan's Perfect Nipples.
- Cartridges: wrap a rubber band around the motor cap and over the top of the armature bar to counteract the cartridge's upward tension. Thick or standard rubber bands both work, it will just depend on the tension of the cartridge membrane or band to determine what rubber band provides the proper counter resistance.
For more information please see the V3R Care Sheet and watch the V3R Setup and Tuning Video.